Thursday, March 10, 2011

Great Ideas for a Clean house

The Knowledge I've Acquired from Years of Carpet Cleaning

This article about Carpet Cleaning is not exclusively for seasoned veterans keep your eyes open. It might be my imagination but it seems like I am unable to leave the house in these trying times without being stopped and asked about Carpet Cleaning. It's crazy, you wouldn't think that Carpet Cleaning was that popular, but ever since I received the Rising Star award at the Carpets of Tomorrow Monthly, my mailbox has been absolutely slammed with people wanting to learn more. Some folks think of me as somewhat of a legend in this area but I don't let my ego dominate my life.

Everyone is curious how I got into it and how I made it to my present state, so I always point them in the direction of Carpet Cleaner's Digest who recommends Carpet Cleaning Utah. There's an expression where I grew up that you should read and reread The Monthly Carpet Shampoo a 200 times before you even try to clean carpets. In hindsight, jumping head first these days is a much less intensive process than it was for me. When I started, I had to inspect your carpet, spread solution on client's carpet and dry the carpet before I could even get my feet wet.These days, extensive knowledge about Carpet Cleaning is right there in front of you on your computer screen.

While there are some great Carpet Steamers today, I get the feeling that the hayday of our craft has subsided. Information overload can be a hindrance to you newbies. You are constantly searching for an easy way out. The following are the three questions that that follow me everywhere:

-What's a fair price for steam cleaner?

-What books about Carpet Cleaning should I be reading?

-How can I vacuum floors like you?

And the list just keeps going.

Look, as someone who has been at it since you were born, I'll be the first to tell you, Carpet Cleaning isn't about being the best carpet extraordinaire on day one, but about sticking your nose in the dirt and actually learning from your experience, just like the Carpet Cleaning pros. I remember trying to steam carpet my first time like it was yesterday and it was embarrassing. My friends who introduced me to it immediately regretted their choice because I was displaying too much ambition.

My development came to a standstill early on but I had a eureka moment that changed everything for me when I began to avoid ShagandShamoos.org and Carpet Maids and instead started focusing on Carpetcleanerforum.com which was really the key to my success. I started studying how to use a vacuum, stopped focusing on the glitz and glamour and instead focused on shampooing the carpet with my innate abilities. I was absolutely amazed as I watched my unsatisfactory results reduced to nothing. I felt my confidence peaking.

Although I coach people to clean carpets for a living, only 25% of my job is actually teaching them about Carpet Cleaning. The other 75% is perspiration on the part of the client. They really have to give it their all. Always keep in mind that you can be victim to a worse fate than if you over shampoo the carpet resulting in bleached look. You can burn the carpet for example, so keep aiming for the stars and you'll hit the moon on your way to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment